I spend a lot of time on the Ram Van. Whether coming from my internship, classes, or a night on the town, my rides on the Ram Van offer plenty of time to reflect upon what the hell just happened in Manhattan. Some of these stories, you just have to read to believe...

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Stupid Mistakes

I usually write about something fluffy or funny or just about alcohol in general, but I did something stupid this week. I invited an ex to come stay with me in NYC for a week this summer. 

I'm sure you're probably thinking, that was stupid, or you can still get out of that, or something along those lines. But the strange truth is that I don't think I regret it. I know we aren't right for each other in the slightest, but some part of me - the lonely part, I guess - is hoping that this visit actually happens. 

I think it's because your ex knows you, you know? Knows what makes you tick, knows what you're comfortable doing physically, knows what you need emotionally... Whether or not they actually do those things is another story. 

But even as I'm writing this, I'm hating the words that I type. I sound pathetic and needy and whiny. But I think that, in my mind, maybe things might work out this time around (but I know they won't, or at least that they shouldn't. Lest my emotional stability be tossed to the wind.) 

I'm hoping I'm not the only person who does stupid stuff like invite their ex to stay with them for a week. I know I'm at least a little more emotionally stable than the four main characters on Girls.... 

But not by much. 

1 comment:

  1. I was cleaning my ear with a q-tip the other day and my mom told me I looked like, "the girl on girls." I told her that was highly offensive. And you're not the only person who does stupid stuff, pretty much everyone does (or at least I do, on a very, very regular basis.)

    ReplyDelete